My Favorite Books

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Drawing Backgrounds

 


Well, ya all know how much I love to draw, right!  NOT!!!  Guess what we've been doing in Hilary's online class this module?  Yep, drawing.  First up, we were to look through old magazines or books for pictures as inspiration for drawing background work to use for our silhouettes. 



So, we aren't suppose to 'draw' the picture, which is what I was doing...but I did add some of my own touches, right! 




OK, how about this for my inspiration picture and my drawing!  Doesn't look like the picture does it!  HA



Now this worked out the way it's suppose to...at least I think so!  

I like lines/abstract work so I am going to work with this design a little more.





I can see where I may want to tweak it and to create a good background.  Hilary suggested we use our design to create a collage or to color in our drawing.  I'm going to print out a few pages of the design to color in.  Not sure if I'll use some of my painted/printed papers and create a collage or not...I'll work on this later in the week.  
















  


4 comments:

  1. Hummmm…..good results and it sure looks difficult and way over my head……kuddos for motoring through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your last sketch. Reminds me of a fireplace in a cabin with a wood-plank floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well by golly, I think you've got this! You have persevered and it's working. BTW, I get those Blogger redirect notices, too. Now I go through two screens to get to a blog I want to read. And they say change is good... sheesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are better than I could do!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!