Because I had to purchase more yarn to finish my lace shawl, I couldn't see just letting the yarn sit in a container....so, I found a pattern by Laura Nelkin and decided to knit it using the leftover yarn.
Finally finished....although, I stopped short and didn't add all the rows on the pattern, nor did I add the beads when binding off...I was afraid to run out of yarn (again!).
Piece is blocking/drying.
All blocked! This was a good practice piece for knitting with beads, which I really haven't done before other than a book mark which was super small!
|Some of the bead detail|
I look like I'm ready to rob a bank! But I think this will work well under a jacket or blouse or if I do need a mask to rob a bank! Who knows!
And now I'm working on another one, which I'll follow the pattern. You can see the beads that I'll be adding on this scarf. Nice to work in a different color of yarn!