My Favorite Books

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Beaded Wren




Yes, I'm working on my woodpecker art quilt but who only works on one project at a time!  And now that I have to wait to buy more yarn to finish my lace shawl (I'm 1/4th of the way finished with the scalloped edging!!!) so on to a new project, right! 







I showed this disaster using the disperse dyes in a recent post....didn't turn out as I thought....


















So, what else to do but cut out the beaded bird from the background and start all over again with a new background!

Yep..my hexies!  I have several of them and I think it would be fun to include them in this piece!








I scanned in the beaded bird and printed out a sheet that I could pencil in different designs.








Still playing....




















Then I picked up this hex piece already sewn together...I think it would look good as a circle/sun behind the bird.

I like the oranges with him as well as the turquoise.....just playing right now...who knows how he'll be finished but I'll be sure to have fun!






5 comments:

  1. So much more interesting with the hexies! Looking forward to your finish on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully the bird is an element you can cut out and re-create to your liking. Both the warm and the cool colors look good with the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh….what a great rescue….love all the hexie ideas…you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And your creativity just keeps rolling along, lol. The hexie idea is genious and perfect. Love this color behind the bird.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the orange behind the bird, much better than the original!! Isn't that always the way?

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!