My Favorite Books

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Is there a difference?






I sent away for a free sample of a new fusible web called FlexiFuse.  This week I received the 10 pack ($9.95 - but free!) and thought I would 'test' it out today!    I plan on giving each of the ladies in our Aussome Study Group a sheet to play/test with too


















I started out fusing 3 different fusible webs to a piece of batting:  FlexiFuse, MistyFuse and Heat 'n Bond lite.  Each strip was approximately 2 inch strips.


I then fused one of my stamped/dyed papers to a small piece of batting.  Of course, each piece fused easily and the paper(s) came off, again easily, from the FlexiFuse and Heat 'n Bond.










I was going to hand stitch through each but I got sidetracked (go figure!)  and just ended up free motion quilting.

I like  that both the FlexiFuse and Heat 'n Bond  have a backing to them...it's one of the issues I have with Misty Fuse...yes, it's very sheer to use, especially for silk or lightweight fabrics, but it bugs me that I always forget to get out my Teflon sheet or paper backing I've saved, so I can fuse to my fabric.  I usually just fuse a 'piece' of fabric (fat quarter/1/2 yard/etc.) vs a shape so I can make it work but, again, I'd prefer to have a backing.

As far as stitching through each fusible, I was free motion quilting and I don't think I noticed any difference...although, at one point I had to take a peek to see which area/fusible I was stitching over, as it seemed very smooth...it was the FlexiFuse.  Hmmmmm  Was it just my imagination??


As far as price, I think both FlexiFuse and Heat 'n Bond are very comparable but MistyFuse and FelxiFuse aren't available at Joann's. I ended up stitching a buttonhole stitch on the sides, added the front address label and dropped in our mail box for the postal lady to pick up. But, of course, I forgot to take a picture of the finished card!  So, what's my opinion of FlexiFuse??  I liked it...nothing I didn't like about it.  I'm going to experiment more and perhaps try this again and do some hand stitching to see how easy it is compared to the other two fusibles.





I ended up finishing the fiber card  for our neighbor, who dressed up as the Easter Bunny  on Easter.  Her hubby drove  her through our neighborhood/sub waving at the kids at the end of their driveways on Sunday morning!  I thought it was so nice of her to do this!!!   She said she hoped it would put a smile on folks and she knew it would make her feel good too.

I know the kids and parents enjoyed seeing Theresa, a.k.a. Easter Bunny!






and speaking of Easter...here are our two little ones all dressed up for Easter...well, kinda!!!


2 comments:

  1. I've not hear of Flexi-Fuse, so your comments are good to know. I have the same issue with Misty Fuse that you do- I feel as if I'm working with a cobweb! The girls look adorable for Easter and your neighbor did a sweet thing for the families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about any new fusible…..Like Nancy, I wasn’t familiar with Flexi-Fuse….will be looking for it.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!