My Favorite Books

Friday, April 10, 2020

Something old is new again!




I finished my beaded leaf a year or so ago...it measures 12" x 12" and quite heavy!
I ended up quilting a background piece and wrapped it around a canvas.  I was never happy with the background and I got to playing around, way too much!, with paints, etc.  I figured out that less was more and I had already over done the 'more' part on this piece. 










Every day I've been looking at this canvas piece and just not liking it!  I can't help but look at it because the way our LR is set up I can see just into the edge of my sewing room where the canvas hung! 
Yep, I could have moved the piece but then how would I fill my time!


So...the other day, in between mask making and hex's, I pulled out the threads I used to attach the leaf to the wrapped canvas.  That was easy!











I started to look at some background fabric and even laid the leaf on my paper quilt I made last summer! 

Actually, this did look pretty good in real life!  I almost left it on this background!















I decided I needed to try and enhance the quilted background already on the wrapped canvas...so off to my wet room to get out some paints!!  I was going to use white paint but found a Fawn Setacolor my bud, Carol T. gave me.  It worked great...and after adding a little Gelato crayons this was the result! 


















I reattached the beaded leaf and here it is! 



Some may not care for this but I am very happy with the end result....and now, when I look in my sewing room, the leaf doesn't stand out like a sore thumb or sore leaf, to me any more!


6 comments:

  1. GREAT transformation and save……you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Nice. I want to pick up and touch this leaf. I know from seeing your work in person how cool and weighty it would feel. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Life and it looks great.
    Happy Easter.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!