My Favorite Books

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Collage Time!

First off, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all those mom's, step-mom's and fur mom's!  Hope you each have a wonderful day!  My son is cooking for his wife, his MIL and  myself later this afternoon.  Should be a nice time with the kids.  Dawn and Jeff won't be there as they are up north celebrating their 20th anniversary! 

Friday and Saturday afternoon I played with my MIP online class.  We're working on design and composition!  Not my strong suit but I did have fun playing with Hilary's instruction(s)!  She makes it so easy and makes you feel free to try anything with regards to your art work. 








Hilary had us start off using bits and pieces of our scrap papers and make a block in a repeating fashion.  I decided I wanted to keep my original block as reference so I made two blocks the same.  I glued them in our workbook and used the 2nd block to add elements or shapes to make it better!  Now that's a stretch for me!  Yikes...but it was fun!


Here are some of my 'rejects'.  This was such an interesting task.  I took pictures after each 'attempt' at adding shapes or elements to my block. 

Reject 1



Reject 2






Reject 3














Reject 4

Finished







And here is my finished block.  I was pleased with the end results....but there was more fun to be had!!

Our next assignment was to create a collage using the "rule of thirds"....I have to say I don't think my piece is actually using "rule of thirds"...and I didn't mean to use 3 fish in this collage!!!!  But it is what it is!  All of these pieces are made just with the papers we've stamped/stenciled and over dyed. 

I'll look forward to Hilary's feedback.  I am happy with the colors and can't wait to start stitching on this....I'm going to add some hand stitching as well. 


Finished design 

2 comments:

  1. Good grief girl, I’d have been happy with any of your rejects……they are all great…..it’s been a good learning experience just following your class reports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Robbie! I can see you are enjoying your class.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!