My Favorite Books

Friday, January 4, 2019

We're here!

Whew!  What a trip south!  We arrived in Florida on Saturday around 1:30 p.m. after speeding down I-75 for 2 1/2 days along with the thousands of other travelers!  This is our 14th year, leaving on the same date and we have never had the amount of traffic nor the speed folks were driving.  Bob usually has the cruise on 73 but had to up it to 75!  And we were still being passed!!!  I give my hubby credit because that type of driving is very nerve racking, especially at that pace, consistently.

Sunday, I drove to Inverness to meet my sister and my niece, Kelli.  I haven't seen Kelli since 1987 when my son had his graduation party!  It was great to see her and meet her friend, John.  They were college school mates back in the day.



We also had the annual New Year's Day party to go to which was very nice and we got to see our Florida friends again.  Our hosts were John and Marilyn who always do such a wonderful job.  Food and friends!  How much fun is that!





Marilyn made these with Irish Cream and other goodies!!!  She called them 'shooters'...and they were delicious!  But only three of us had room to taste them!  But I know where the leftovers are!


 I've been unpacking, doing laundry and visiting the grocery store five times as of today!!!  Geezzz   Today I'm headed to get my roots dyed!  And they really need it!

I am also really excited about an online class for learning a varity of surface design techniques.  This class is being taught by Hilary Beattie!  I've followed Hilary for a few years now and after our first video and lesson plan(s), I am totally impressed with her organization!  Our class is for one year with lessons, videos and a FaceBook group where we can show our work and ask for critiquing. 

Our first 'homework' is working with stencils.  I'll be showing my work on my blog throughout the year.  I'm quite excited....but I first need to find and gather all my stencils and paints! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!