My Favorite Books

Monday, January 28, 2019

Help! I can't get out of my coat!

No need to panic...although, I kinda did!  Sunday we had rain all day so when dogs wanted out I took them out front on the leash (figured they would go quicker).  I put my rain coat on and out we went.  When I came back in, I started to unzip my rain coat and the zipper fell apart in my hand!   This was me!


I was literally stuck in my coat!  The zipper wouldn't move up or down and my head wouldn't fit through the opening. 
I was laughing so hard...Bob was in the bathroom so I called in and told him to hurry up and pee because I was stuck in my coat!  Hubby came to the rescue and used two fingers to hold this special zipper so he could unzip it!  I can't believe the zipper fell apart in my hands! 

Hubby kinda repaired it using a safety pin and squeezing some other piece together.  I'm sure to replace the zipper will cost more than the coat!  Dang....maybe I'll just go around with a safety pin showing until I get home.  I have some jewelry findings I can use in place of the safety pin.




Making progress on my knitted top...

although, what I didn't realize that knitting side to side your stockinette stitch is sideways!  When you pick up stitches to add the length for the top, now the stitches are right side up!  I guess it's part of the design of the pattern but gosh...I'm a type A and things have to be symmetrical or just be a certain way....hmmmmmmm 
It's hard to tell but the yarn is an open weave or will be more when it's blocked.  I better like this bugger when it's finished!  I'm off to see my sister today for an overnight visit.  I'll take my knitting with me as my sister is also working on a top so we can knit together...in between eating!

3 comments:

  1. I can absolutely picture your dilemna with the coat! But you're right--it will be cheaper to buy a new one than to replace the zipper. That's kinda sad, but NEW COAT!!! And knitting side to side is strange even if you don't have to have everything symmetrical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwk! It was a dismal day for sure, and our animals didn't want to be out but were bored inside so they were a bit pesky. Oh, that momentary panicky feeling being trapped in there! Scissors come to mind. But glad you didn't have to go that route.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I've had that panicky feeling, too, when a zipper gets stuck.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!