My Favorite Books

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

When it rains....it pours!

OK, weather is actually beautiful here in Florida!  The "when it rains...it pours" is refering to when you patiently (or impatiently) are waiting for items you ordered online to arrive!  And  then you have all your orders and project arrive the same day!

Well, my orders are almost all here!!!  I received my Setacolor paints, my yarn and have one more order of dyes to arrive soon.  And in additon.... Susan, Verna and I went fabric shopping this past Saturday so I could  make a purchase (yes, I bought fabric!) to make a quilt for a gift. 





So now...what project do I start to work on!  I've gone from only having my online class lessons to do and only with limited supplies to having my yarn and fabric and paints.  Today I decided to use the Setacolor paints that arrived and do another lesson!  woohoo....

First layer....








This was the end result for my first 'playtime today'.  I have to say I've never been more happy with the results of using my stencils. 













  This had two layers of stencils on it...again using a bronze and yellow.

















I added a mix of leftover paints...you can see there is a little green in it too!   Waste not...want not!  Right!















Not all the colors I chose are great but for the most part I am happy and I do love the orange palette  (remember my hex's  I  love orange, purple and turquoise !).  Think I will keep in this color range for awhile...until I run out and need to order more paints!  Yikes! 





Yes, I'm still loving Hilary's online class...learning so much!!!! 

Next up to start on my knitting project! 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a ball with your projects….and I’m having a ball reading about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feast or famine with the supplies! I like the gear stencil. That's one upside of packing ligher this year- now you need to shop. But you'll have plenty of fun stuff to occupy you, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the combination of organic and mechanical imagery.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!