My Favorite Books

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Art Quilts Around the World

I joined the online group, Art Quilts Around the World, back in November of 2012.   You can read a current explanation on how and when this group started here.  

It's been quite fun these past few years creating a small art quilt (11.5" x 16") six times a year.  Each member gets to pick a theme and there have been some unique themes that certainly have pushed us!  But that is the fun...to push ourselves into creating and even exploring new techniques.  








Back in 2014, there was an article in Embellish magazine about our group.  I was lucky enough to have one of my themed quilts included in this article.  












This was my finished piece for the theme Carnival, which was included in the article.  You can see how I created this piece in my blog post here.

















Recently, our group was once again show cased in another magazine  



This was a FB post from Fleur Maddern, who is very instrumental in keeping this group going and  in the promotion of our group.  










And I feel so honored to have another one of my themed quilts, Flights of Fantasy, included.  Once again you can see the process on this quilt here.







Flights of Fantasy


Our next theme is 'Nursery Rhyme'
"Illustrate your own amusing reason for an author to have written what he /she did. ie was little jack Horner a naughty boy and was sent into the corner as punishment?  Did another egg push Humpty Dumpty off the wall?"
 by Christine Lee

This is such an interesting challenge!  Aren't they all, HA!!!  I have an idea that I've put to paper and I've started on the actual design.  Once again...what is in my mind may be difficult to put to fabric but I'm up for the challenge!  Do check out Fleur's blog post on the group and, if interested, you can sign up to be put on the 'waiting list'!  

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive Robbie…..congrats to you and the entire group…...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely stay busy with this group! And being featured in publications is a nice reward. Your upcoming challenge is interesting for sure. I read it and my mind went quite blank! Look forward to your interpretation of it.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!