My Favorite Books

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Stitched Collage








My inspiration piece...combination of a greeting card and photo from a magazine on wall art.


I totally changed my paper collage from my last post!  I didn't like the blue veins but at the time it was a good effort to play with the design.  So back to the drawing board!






I liked the orange leaf but then started playing with some other papers I had printed.  This was a piece of fabric I tried for background.




I did audition different backgrounds and decided I liked this deli paper that I stenciled.  So I fused it down on a piece of batting and started to lay out different papers.





Still playing with papers and layout.






I liked this piece better before I quilted the background.  I don't use variegated threads often but decided to do just that...why?  Heck, if I know!









So this was what/how I ended up!  I'm not happy with the background quilting...but this piece isn't going anywhere other than in my sewing room with my other pieces from Hilary's online class.


10.5" x 12.5" paper collage

So on to the next collage!  Have an idea but they usually don't turn out or get me in trouble!  Guess we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I like the leaves and colors. Oh, those projects do pile up, don't they? And yet we cannot stop making!!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!