My Favorite Books

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Just a few items....







I finished another sketch and cropping this weekend...and I cleaned up my dye/wet room and sewing room!!!  Woohoo!!!




The inspiration picture is at the top left...my attempt at the bottom!


These were my cropping attempts.  Actually, I kinda like them!




I found this so called 'cropping' tool inside of a photo frame!  I think it would be cool to have a piece of art work made in this triangle!







Not bad!






I think this is a fun exercise to do!  Now to find some other inspiration pictures!!!






AND the best news!!!!  I found the yarn I needed (in the right color!!!) and finished my lace shawl!!!  Here it is being blocked!!!!  I squished the entire piece in water, squeezed out most of the water and pinned to the carpet downstairs. 

  I am so excited to wear it but don't have anywhere to go right now!!! HA  I'm sure it will come in handy later this summer when we go out to eat at a restaurant that is freezing and I'm cold!  Not that the lace will keep me warm but I'll look good, right!  HA


3 comments:

  1. The cropping helps get a different perspective on things for sure. That lace is gorgeous! So glad you found the right yarn- that's always an iffy hunt! Thanks for that recipe- it sounds so delicious. Will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketches and droppings. They are great. I took a class a long time ago that was similar but certainly jot as indepth. Something I have kept on the back burner for awhile. Your shawl is also impressive. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like where you are going with the cropping and of course the lace shawl is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!