My Favorite Books

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Paper Art Exhibit


I was quite lucky to see this exhibit with a couple of buds yesterday!  Joan and I had planned on going but we've had an issue with Gigi since our 'great grand daughter' return visit.  No sleep for FOUR nights...for her or me...yes, Bob and Kalee slept just fine.  Anyway, I didn't think I would make it to see the following exhibit but Gigi was fine last night and Friday a.m. so I met Joan and her friend.  If this exhibit travels to your area, do go!  It's fascinating and now I know what I/we can do with all our papers we're dyeing/stenciling/painting in our online class with Hilary!!!

I am amazed at the intricacy in how Isabelle de Borchgrave creates these designs.  You can read more about Ms Borchgrave on her web site here.  She also creates furniture/etc. using paper and other found objects!  I wish I had taken more time to look and read about each outfit she created but I only had a short amount time before I had to head home (just wanted to make sure Gigi was ok - it's hard being a fur mom!).  Hope you enjoy looking at some of the wonderful fashion art in this exhibit.









Detail of a dress






Look at the detail to create the pattern!








I would wear this today!





Pattern in the dress that follows.






Detail on dress that follows.










Once again, detail of pattern above!






I love this dress!  I'd wear it!








Ditto on this one too!






Detail of dress below!

These were outstanding!!!!

Just beautiful!

My friend, Joan, always picks up someone where ever we go!  HA  It was a really nice exhibit...and there are so many other exhibits going on at the same time.  Just not enough time in the day is there!  I'll have to go back for sure!!

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating….thank you for taking the time to share this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an astonishing exhibit! I'm sorry Gigi isn't herself after your trip and her boarding. She may be exhibiting "Abby" behaviors- Abby is good as long as you don't change her routine. It throws her all off. Hope things improve for her and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!