This was the inspiration photo I used to create my mono print. Hilary showed us how to apply our paint to produce mono prints. This was a great lesson as my mono prints sure never ended up looking like anything!
This was my mono print I created based on the photo!
And my finished mono print on canvas. I had a hard time taking this picture. You know the canvas is accurate but the picture looks like my 'edges' are not! HA The piece measures 16" x 20".
I attached the top and bottom with embroidery thread (Perle cotton).
The back of the canvas where I stitched top/bottom.
Some detail of stitching. I also used Gelato crayons, Derwent pencils and pastels to color some of the background.
Free motion quilting and a lot of fun to finish the piece!!
This past week and next we're doing a 'review' of the last few months, focusing on color and design, which is REALLY interesting. I'm a tad behind with going to Ohio and dealing with a sick dog...but Hilary is off to another show so we'll have time to catch up again. Whew! I do so love this course!!