My Favorite Books

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Finally! A great grand daughter visit!

This may be a boring post for 'ya all'...but my blog is a journal of my life.  I want something to remind me of my life when/if I get to the nursing home (I print out each year of my posts to a book.)  With that said...this is what we did this past weekend!

 Labor Day weekend turned out to be a perfect time for Bob and I to visit Kayla & Nate and be introduced to Rilynn, our great grand daughter!!  We left on Friday a.m. after dropping off the girls at the kennel, which was traumatic!  What can I say!  Kalee and Gigi are like our kids! 

Anyway, we got to the hotel in Harisson, Ohio after a six hour trip - and we even stopped for lunch at Panera's, which Bob actually enjoyed!  Just because his wife ordered for him!  HA 
Anyway, we headed over to the kids around dinner time.  Nate was bringing pizza home for us and we were waiting for Bob's son,  Ron and MaryJo to drive in from Indiana.  While waiting we got to meet Rilynn!!!  What a little doll...but how can you not like babies!! 



Those little toes!!!!





Nothing sweeter than a baby...or a puppy!  HA






Proud Great Grandpa!  Bob was just enthralled with Rilynn!  He kept saying what a beautiful baby she was and how babies aren't that pretty but she was!  You have to know my hubby..he doesn't give out compliments easily!  But then when it's the truth what more can you say! 






Great Grands!   I just loved holding her and rocking her!!!


MaryJo (Kayla's mom) is just so thrilled to be a grandma!!!  She looks young enough to be Rilynn's mother!

Saturday, grandson, Ian, had the day off and arrived even before we got to Kayla's house!  It was so good to see Ian again.  He's such a wonderful young man!  We made a Starbuck's run for the kids...and me!  Football was starting around noon so we had to be at the house by then.  College football is a must for the Payne family and Nate!  Games were on ALL day...and I mean all day!  They even had a TV plugged in below the large TV downstairs so they could watch two games (or more!) at one time!  I should have taken a picture of that! 












We did have such a great time...holding that little one.  MaryJo and I got to give her a bath both Friday and Saturday night.  She was such a doll!!!







Rilynn is only eight weeks old but look at that face!!!



The quilt I made for Rilynn is on her crib.  Made me feel good!


Nate had work on Saturday - he's a physical therapist who works at Xavier college in Cincinnati, with their baseball team.  They had a baseball camp on Saturday so we planned to meet Nate for dinner later.  Turned out he didn't get out until later so he got a carry out.  We had to get back from dinner as U of M was playing football at 7:30!  HA 








Kayla, MaryJo and I (along with Rilynn) did take a few walks..oh and Boscoe got to come too!!  Boscoe is the best dog ever!!!   We had such a nice visit with everyone.  It turned out to be one of the best family visits in a long time. 

Bob and I left Sunday a.m. around 9 and got home by 3...once again stopped for lunch - back at Panera!  I think I have Bob hooked now!    Have to give a huge thanks to everyone for making our weekend so special!!


I've added an animation of Rilynn from when she was born.  Something to look back on for us!



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Such a sweetie. I have not been able to touch our new great grand son. He's almost 8 months old with another baby something coming in about January. Luckily we face talk and get lots of pictures. A big hug to you. I know how happy you are to have held that baby!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What joy……beautiful baby and happy great grandparents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob is right- she is a pretty baby and has a pretty name! You are starting her off right with football immersion weekend. The quilt looks adorable there in her crib. A lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little baby. And you certainly look like a young great-grandma! I love Panera's -- healthy and nice to be able to get half a sandwich and a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to spend a weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!