My Favorite Books

Monday, September 24, 2012

Snap bag...


Awhile back, Jan duh!  Jill! (sorry Jill!  I honestly know your name!), over at The Quilt Rat, posted on making and receiving snap bags!  I thought how cool these bags were...so after my Mandala online class and making several pieces of shibori fabric I thought they'd be perfect for turning into snap bags!

I made this one for myself and it's a perfect fit for my phone and even Ipod!

The 'snap' part of the bag is from using pieces from a metal tape measure!  Go figure, right!

This was my mandala/shibori fabric when I started some free motion quilting on it.






I didn't necessarily want the quilting to show but it just looked so blah...so I took some white tsukineko ink and filled in the outline part of the feather.  










Quilting and painting all ready to stitch up into a snap bag.  

I added a 'hem' to slip in the piece of metal tape, then stitched up the sides.  I didn't line the inside of my bag.  Again, this was my first one just to see what I wanted, didn't want or how to make the little bag!  






You can see the hem on top and the inside.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  I think they would make nice little bags to hold gift cards for Christmas!  I'm going to play around making a smaller size one for gift cards, just to see if it works out.  




I am making good progress on the hex's...got a lot finished yesterday while watching the Lions play...they lost in overtime, which was so upsetting!  But there's always next week!  
Another beautiful fall day today.  Kalee and I went for a car ride then for a nice walk downtown Davison.  She's my best buddy for sure!  Only problem is I tend to talk with her and ask her questions!  Guess I'm not losing it yet as she's not answering me!  But I did say "yet"!!

Well, off to sewing room to whip up another bag! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice use of your fabrics in these bags. I've seen them and they are quite appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) no worries...I'll answer to almost anything. Lol

    You will get hooked on making up those bags, I LOVED receiving one as a gift and have enjoyed making them to give as well. Sometimes I put a little pocket on the inside to tuck in a gift card

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!