My Favorite Books

Saturday, February 12, 2011

December's BJP Finished!

BJP December 2010
Finally!
Well, sometimes other life's happenings get in the way of us working and finishing our art work. I didn't start on my Dec. BJP until the 1st week in January but I had to put it on hold due to other art work priorities and of course playing with art work.
This was the start of my tree. I traced the outline of the tree onto some Friendly Felt. Next step was to figure out what color beads to use. All beaders seem to have those tubes just filled with left over beads from other projects
and I'm no different. Fortunately, I had over four and half tubes of mixed beads. Add some old bugles to the mix and I had enough beads to fill my tree! A big WHEW! At one point I did have to add some green seed beads to the mix. I also used some of my nice bugles for the tree stand, which I didn't mind. I've had these for awhile and I think they made a nice fill for the stand.

Here's a closeup of the beads. Yep, there is a mix of beads and there are LOTS of beads in this piece! LOTS!
So now on to the BJP for 2011! I did start on my January BJP and beaded part of the letter 'T' (you can see the start of it at the end of my post here) but now I'm rethinking what I'll do each month. My first thought was to bead a letter each month, then at the end of the year, the letters would spell out a sentence. Now I'm not so sure....I have two other ideas in mind but still not sure.
I did want to share two blogs with my readers. First check out, Dolly, from the Fiber Place and some of the dyeing and fabric painting she does. Turns out, Dolly, lives not far from me in Michigan and we've even attended the same fiber guild, Needlework and Textile Guild of Michigan. I haven't been to a NTGM meeting in several years, but I'm sure I've seen Dolly and most likely some of her work at show and tell. I'm fascinated by her hand dyed cheese cloth (in addition to some of her other pieces)! Really nice!!
The 2nd blog is from a friend of mine back in Michigan called Notes from Peaceful Steps. Teresa doesn't blog that often but she's very deep in her thoughts and writes quite well. I was particularly moved by her post today where she talks about the book 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life, by Cami Walker. What a moving story and a book that I do want to read. I just checked and the library here in Florida doesn't have the book but B&N does carry it (no Border's close by Ocala!). I'm going to pick it up this week.
I hope you enjoy reading both of these lady's blogs. I think you'll get inspiration from both! Now off to watch a little TV and do some hand embroidery.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Vicki -- that tree is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beading is amazing! Such talent and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh...sparkly! looooove the tree! so much texture and rich colors.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!