My Favorite Books

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Four down...two to go!

Woo Hoo!  Raining on and off today so a good day to do laundry and sew!  I didn't want to just sit around and do hand work so I started back on Ian's T-shirt quilt.  I made good head way today finishing three more rows!  So now I have four rows or panels done!

I should get the other two panels finished by this weekend...have a few 'outtings' to go on but in between I should get that much accomplished.  Next, I want to think of a way to 'quilt as I go'...not sure I can do it but I'm going to think through the process....so hard to manage this much 'material' under my machine.

And for my fiber friends who have done fabric marbling...check out this youtube...my hubby sent it to me and it's amazing...it's called 'water transfer printing' but done on car parts.  The process is very similar to marbling on fabric/paper.  I'm really curious so I'm going to study up more on their process.  It's pretty cool!  It's lengthy, but you can fast forward to all the different parts they print onto.
At times today, we've had problems with youtube...so if you can't click on the video above just go to this link:  Water Transfer Printing

4 comments:

  1. So funny that you posted this vid. Before I retired, one of our formen started his own business doing this process for the RV industry, which you may know is pretty much centered in Elkhart Indiana. One of the reasons that his business took off was the first company he approached was getting their parts done in Florida and they wanted a local vender. He jumped right on it and is swimming in work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the quilting of your t-shirt quilt. I did one in a quilt as you go. It came out fine but it was hard on my shoulders and neck. I decided after that they are going to the long arm quilter. It's cheaper for the customer that way too. It takes me a long time to quilt those and not long for them to do an edge to edge on them. Now with all the digital stuff to they can do any pattern you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T-shirt quilt is looking good. It would be good if you can figure a quilt-as-you-go method to handle it. I'm thinking it's a bit heavy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous strips for the T-Shirt quilt. WOW! I watched the water transfer painting video and was enamored. How very cool. I could think of all kinds of things to dip in that water. Thank you for sharing this. Joy and Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!