My Favorite Books

Monday, January 2, 2023

Starting off the new year


 Trying to make sure I get some time in my sewing area during the week in the new year...no, it's not a new year resolution...I don't believe in them...mainly, I wouldn't stick to them!  HA.  I've been a tad lax in quilting and I do enjoy the process, which I discovered when making the quilt totes for Christmas.  So, with the new great grand 'boy' baby due in June, I've started to look at fabrics in my stash (I showed two examples of test blocks) in my last post.  I also started to look at patterns online and fabric!  Who knew!  I been a fan of Karlee Porter and you may remember her book Graffiti Quilting.  Yep, I bought it years ago.   I follow her on Instagram and she was quilting a 'puffy' quilt using fabric from Charley Harper.  






OK, I never heard of Charley Harper but I did go to the web site because some of the fabrics Karlee was using looked adorable.  So, yep, an early BD gift for me!  And look at what all I bought!  I am actually thinking of using the dog fabric as a center for some squares...


Wouldn't he be cute as the center of a block...blocks could be scattered throughout the top...and perhaps some abstract design...oh the mind is working!




This is the the Western Bird bundle.  So cute!!!!


Holiday fabrics are really adorable as well.  




If you go to the Charley Harper web site, you'll read about this interesting painter/artist!  Love his work!  Do check out the tab 'about Charley'.  I think you'll find him quite interesting.


I think this fabric and Holiday would be fun to make a runner for Christmas next year...but I'll have to get the baby quilt finished as well as my knitting!  







2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the future great grand baby boy! Charley Haper fabric is so beautiful although I have zero in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute fabric indeed! The dogs are appealing. I took a class from Joanne Sharpe online at one time- the Graffiti quilting reminds me of her style, too. Will have to look into the book.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!