My Favorite Books

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Happy Birthday Time!

 I've had a great BD celebration this year...started out with meeting my kids at The White Horse Inn for lunch!  The restaurant is so cool...it was originally used for travelers to stop in the mid 1800's!  Long history so go to the web site to read more.  I love the interior and the food is really good too.  Anyway, we had a great lunch, laughs and even got a picture of the six of us.  Both grands were at college so they missed out!  



My daughter got me this beautiful bouquet of flowers...they are lovely!



And of course, the girls have to feed us old folks!  Dawn knows we love the triple berry pie from the Achatz Handmade shop in Oxford.  The filling is delicious and the crust is better than homemade!!



My son and Kris know how much Bob and I love our bread and we especially love to make this bread from Kruse & Muer...so they got us another loaf to put in the freezer...it makes four small loves that are so good!  Kris also gave us containers of her wonderful split pea soup and cinnamon scones...OMG..they are so good!


Dawn recently had a photo shoot done for her business so she gave me a picture, which I love!










I also received this bouquet of flowers from my special friend in Florida, Jan Miller!  I love having them in the porcelain cup!!!











All of the above happened on Sunday, the day before my BD!  

On Monday, my actual BD, Bob took us to my favorite Mexican restaurant!  And we invited my BFF, Donna, to join us.  

Donna seemed to like the Margarita's!




We had such a fun night!  lots of laughs and great food!  Donna had a new Mexican dish for her, Chicken Flautas!  This is a dish either Bob or I will get but lately I've been hooked on their chicken Fajitas!  They have so many different peppers grilled along with the onion and chicken...just delicious! 

Bob did really well not eating more than a basket of chips!  We usually eat two baskets and it makes a huge difference if you don't pig out on that chips!  We were both glad we didn't indulge in more chips!


And check out the present Donna gave me!!!  Donna is into Astrology and has prepared Birth Horoscopes for her family and friends.  This is such a time consuming effort for her to make!  I was in tears knowing how much work she has to put into this booklet.  We are going to go over parts of the horoscope.  She has prepared a Solar Return for me before but this is so detailed!!!  I can't thank you enough, my friend!  You are one special lady!


And yes, Bob and I have had a small piece of berry pie my daughter gave me on Sunday....two nights in a row actually!  But it's only best with Cook's Vanilla ice cream!


And to show two of the same card I received!  How cute!  One was from my BFF, Carol and the other was from Bob's son's wife, MaryJo!  

Yorkies were my first love before Bichon's but I don't think either one knew that!  HA  I did receive so many cards and can't thank everyone enough.  It does mean so much to receive a card!!!!  Thank you one and all!!!







3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Your birthday celebrations looks like so much fun! I hope the flowers last a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Robbie!!! You sure know how to celebrate! It's great that you could go out with your kids and have all of your favorite foods -- made me hungry for Mexican and pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great celebration (or celebrationS)! Oh my, that pie. And the bake at home bread looks really interesting and good, too. You've had a happy birthday week!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!