My Favorite Books

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Woodpecker Progress

I posted on the woodpecker project back in September.  You can read about it here.  Well, my woodpecker is now about 90% beaded.  I have areas that I leave 'open' until the time I add it to a quilted background.  I am really excited about finishing this project but have to be patient because now the hard work starts!  I have to make that background. 

Here is the photo I'm working from and need to replicate!






























And how far I am now!   I leave some of the fabric on until I attach to the quilted background, then I'll cut the excess away.  I'll finish his tail feathers once 'he' is added to the quilted background. 










And here's where I started!




















And here's where I ended up yesterday!

























This  is an animation for the process as I was beading.


Now to get working on the background, as well as finish the hand embroidery on my cardinal piece!


1 comment:

  1. He's quite grand! Do you have fabrics in mind for the tree? It's an interesting texture. Is it pine? It looks like it and yet not somehow.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!