I posted on the woodpecker project back in September. You can read about it here. Well, my woodpecker is now about 90% beaded. I have areas that I leave 'open' until the time I add it to a quilted background. I am really excited about finishing this project but have to be patient because now the hard work starts! I have to make that background.
Here is the photo I'm working from and need to replicate!
And how far I am now! I leave some of the fabric on until I attach to the quilted background, then I'll cut the excess away. I'll finish his tail feathers once 'he' is added to the quilted background.
And here's where I started!
And here's where I ended up yesterday!
This is an animation for the process as I was beading.
Now to get working on the background, as well as finish the hand embroidery on my cardinal piece!