Well, I've finished the picture (gift) book! And you may notice the spine is different! I wasn't thinking when I started/wove the spine. When I finished weaving, I wasn't happy at all...first off, I didn't double my thread in each section; then I used a thin embroidery thread to do the weaving. I wasn't a happy camper at all!
This is what my first book/spine looked like and for my first book attempt I was very happy (you can see that book post here). Yes, I used Perle cotton which was way better than just the thin embroidery thread I had from Hobby Lobby (this thread was and is great to do embroidery work with but not for weaving!).
See the difference! This is the picture book I just finished. Kept me up all night thinking about how sloppy it looked. I was getting ready to cut all this out; cut back each section and redo the entire binding.
I got thinking about actual book binding and this is how I ended up covering the spine. Process is the same as adding a cover to a book you've made with the exception I didn't cover the entire front and back.
Picture looks a tad crooked and this is before I trimmed the edges! I glued on some ultra suede and it really looks so much better and I can sleep tonight.
Edges are trimmed here.
|My cousin and her best friend!|
|These are my cousin's mother, grand mother and siblings!|
|My cousin on the left and her sister, June...that is June on the right with her family!|
|Tootie's two daughter's cutting cows! Tootie (picture on the right with the hat) and her daughter. Yes, she still rides a horse!|
|Tootie (far rt) beside her daughter and DIL at the American Quarter Horse Congress. How cool is she still!|
The picture on the right is Tootie's DIL.
Here is a quick animation of the entire book.