My Favorite Books

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Just Keeping Busy!


I'm slowly making progress on my daughter's table topper....I have 2 1/2 blocks to finish hand embroidery on.  I did find the perfect blue fabric for the binding, which I'm thinking I will join with some yellow...but who knows until that part of the project!







And the beaded woodpecker is coming along.  I only work on 'him' when in my sewing room.  The light is better and, of course, least prone to dropping my beads because a dog jumps up on my lap!  And I have my Ott light which certainly helps to see now a days!


















And just because I get bored easily and we've had a week off from our online class, I'm knitting again.  Just seems the thing to do in the fall/winter!  Is this an adorable little pinafore!

















 The yarn is what creates the adorable little flowers on the outfit!  It's for our great grand daughter for Christmas...no, her mom doesn't read my blog.  She's too busy with Rilynn, work and being a wife!

















I think this little pinafore will look adorable on Rilynn!









And I've been looking online for a shawl for my new winter coats!  Yes, I had to buy a coat for winter!!!  14 years I haven't needed a winter running around coat!  I'm headed to Nick's lacrosse tournament today so I'm sure I'll know if this coat can keep me warm!  It was only 29 degrees on Saturday and we're suppose to have cold weather and possible rain this week!










 Anyway, this is the pattern and yarn I'm using for a lace type shawl.  Love the pattern which is by Laura Nelkin (Blueprint). Have to finish the pinafore first but wanted to pick up the yarn while I was at the yarn shop.




The yarn looks rather gray here but has a green/blue cast to it.  Hope it works up nice.




This is the lace pattern....hope I can get it finished before winter is over!   Actually, I'm going to be wearing this under my coat rather than over my coat!   So now I can look for yarn to make a scarf for my winter coats...dress and casual!  Maybe for next year!

4 comments:

  1. Your busy hands have created some terrific results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- you DO keep busy! Love your knitting. And a winter coat purchase- this is serious stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't knit anymore, but I love that little pinafore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Robbie! You are extremely prolific! Love the wood pecker( of course ) but I also think the little pinafore is extremely adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!