Last week I worked on making more gelli prints and was so excited to get some great results. So I decided to use one of my pretty pieces and make a fiber card for one of my friends. I really like the colors in this print and the areas were almost a perfect 5"x7" section for cutting out!
So I cut out one of the sections and layered it on some batting and did some free motion work.
I've changed to a different paper for printing and I'm really happy with the weight of the paper and how easily it did stitch. Plus, I'm using Hilary's wax medium, which I really like vs other mediums.
After I finished the stitching, I attached to some heavy weight Pellon for stability. Next I created the backing/address using Solvy iron on interfacing that I colored with pastels then brushed with water. I iron the top of the Solvy interfacing (just the top inch or so) onto a piece of printer paper and feed through the printer. Works for me! Label all done!
Next I edged the card.......
And the finished card!
I'm happy with how the card turned out. I love the colors and I hope my friend, Sue, enjoys it as well. Now to my next project...we're making little books in our online class with all our Gelli print papers.