My Favorite Books

Monday, June 3, 2019

Baby Quilt

Well, today, Sunday, I should be headed back to Michigan from a weekend trip to Ohio for our grand daughter, Kayla's, baby shower.  Bob's ex, Mary, and I took off on Friday for the weekend.  Bob is home with the girls!  Mary and I had another 'girls' weekend 3 years ago when we drove to Indiana for Kayla's wedding shower.  I'm sure we'll have a good time and I'll post pictures later this week.  As you can tell I've created this post before I left!

This is the baby quilt I made for our soon to be great, grand daughter, who is due in June!  It's called Hankie Blankie Pets.  Cute isn't it!






Someone else had made this quilt, which I thought was adorable...so I had to make it!  This was my winter project this year while in Florida.  I finished the top but didn't quilt it until two weeks ago.






































All the animal faces are made from Minke fabric, so it's nice and soft and their feet move!  So soft, I decided to use it on the back as well.

Only hard part was getting the binding fabric to come out so I didn't have seams in the corners.  Worked out great and I'm happy with it.

Hope Kalya likes it and uses it!  On the ground outside, inside, wherever!  Just so she uses it.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Those little paws on the soft, soft critters will be wonderful for a baby to stroke with little hands. A quilt that smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s absolutely adorable…..love the idea of Minke fabric too…..so great for a child’s quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!