My Favorite Books

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Gelli Prints using masks

We're still printing using the Gelli plate in Hilary's online class...although, by the time this post comes out we'll be on to the next technique! 

This time I just wanted to have some black/gray/white pieces.  In fact, I'm not going to over dye these so they stay black/white.  I ended up mixing some green paints with the gray/black paint. 







I really like the black/white pieces.







The green paint also adds some interest.



This was a piece I used to 'wipe' off my stamps and masks.  I'm almost finished with my collage piece.  Not sure I'll frame it/bind it or maybe just use it to cover a book with!  Who knows!! 

Our next module is working with mono printing but using thickened dyes instead of paint! 

2 comments:

  1. I do like your leaf prints! And I'm not at all familiar with thickened dyes, so that will be interesting also. You are having lots of fun with this. Scooter goes next Tuesday- will let you know how things go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m really enjoying seeing the process and results of your printing exercises……so very successful and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!