My Favorite Books

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Nothing better than friends!

I'm late in posting  some of these but I have thanked each of these folks!  I've said it before, I am so fortunate to have  great friends....via the Internet and in person!  I feel like my  'internet/blog' friends are ones I've actually met in person!  That's how special they are to me, as well as my 'in person' buds!!!  Here are some Valentine's I received....

These cards were made by my Michigan friend, Mary.  They are photo's of fiber cards she made this year.  She had the fiber card photo transferred to post cards for mailing!  I used her idea last year to make my Valentine cards to send out.  Mary is so talented...I've shown some of her work on my blog before.  You can see her Chihuly quilts here.  Also, click on the pic below to see all the work she put in to her Valentine cards!







I love this card Carol P. sent me from Michigan!  Doesn't it look like a painted collage?   Carol and her hubby, Tony, used to live six months here in Florida but moved back to Michigan last year.  Probably after this winter, they'll move back to Florida for the winter months! 

I'm keeping this one to use as inspiration for a future art work project.  No, it won't be for fiber Valentine's!  I'm done with that!  HA


















My Florida bud, Susan, sent this card, which looks like fabric!  I love the pattern....so much going on in the design.  Again, I'm keeping this card as well for future inspiration.  I can see some stencil work being done!with some of these patterns!!










I received this card and heart from one of my "Internet buds", Sherry from Createology!  The card is so very pretty and creative and look what's on the heart!











I love this little heart and I attached it to my Origami Owl wrap bracelet!






















And look what my Florida bud, Beth made!  It's a heart sachet filled with lavender,
which smells wonderful!  How sweet of her!

I have some pictures I will post soon on some of Beth's recent work.

And last, but CERTAINLY not least....I had a visit with my bud,  Kay, from Quilts + Color last week, as she only lives about 40 min.(depending on traffic!  HA) from us here in Florida.   Those who follow Kay's blog know that, in addition to her talent with fabric and dyeing,  she is one of the best purgers of items!  I was a lucky recipient of one of her recent purges!  HA





These are Japanese magazine Kay had in her stash!  They are beautiful inside and out.  Some color pages, some black and white...and patterns, which I think you can figure out without knowing Japanese!






These are just two pictures from one of the pages from one magazine!  So cool...now to find the time to look through these!  Perhaps on the way home back to Michigan...nope...I won't be able to wait that long!  I've already looked at a few pages!







I'm sure you will recognize the Blue Men quilt by Hollis Chatelain!  I also recognize the quilt in the upper right!!!

And look at the goodies  Kay gave me!!!  Needles, tape measures, threads, etc.  What fun!!!

I'll be showing some of the work Kay has done recently, although, you most likely can see them on her blog before I get the pictures posted!  HA  Thank you all again!!!  So lucky to have each of you in my life!

2 comments:

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!