My Favorite Books

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Patchwork Piece #2

Yep, I'm starting on another patchwork piece.  I finished this first one in 2013 and it's was on the cover and in the book 1000 Quilt Inspirations.
You can read and see more detail from my post here.  I really enjoyed all the hand stitching on that piece and have been wanting to do another one.  So, while in Florida this winter, I did some stamping on commercial and hand dyed fabrics.  Yesterday, I decided to do some additional mono printing on two more pieces.






This is a piece of hand dyed fabric I dyed while in Florida.














This is an orange batik, which is really a lot brighter than what shows in this picture.













I've started to sew some of the patchwork and play with the placement of the fabrics.




Ignore the flowers and other 'stuff' at the top!   I have the fabric pinned on a piece of foam board which was leaning against my peg board where I pin small quilts!  Those are a few you see at the top...or parts of!

Yes, I could have 'cropped' the picture but you know I have other things to do!





I'm still in the process of moving fabrics and pieces around.  The only pieces that are stitched are the smaller pieces in middle...that's my starting point!


I have in mind the hand stitching I want to do and plan on putting this in our Masters Exhibit for the artist Mary Ann Beckwith.  Ms. Beckwith doesn't necessarily use blues and oranges but I think the patchwork and hand stitching will reflect her work!  It wasn't so bad when we were using Master Artists that were 'dead'...now we are using a few artists that are still alive and will happen upon our work (we do ask their permission to use their work as our inspiration).   Hope they aren't insulted by our work!!

6 comments:

  1. I love these two colors together. On my monitor, they are the perfect shades. I also like the black borders on each block. Really makes the colors pop.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic color combination......would NEVER have thought to use them.....now may copy....grinning..... Patchwork pattern is just great as well..........I'll be watching what happens, knowing it will be great as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't like orange or using it, but this is beautiful...I also love the black stripping in between some of the blocks....frames them so well...anxious to see the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still loving your amazing purple and greens patchwork piece. Now to see you working on another but in blues and oranges will be very interesting. The black really grounds the colors and settles them into one another. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and orange are my colors, so you KNOW I LOVE this new piece! Can't wait to see the handwork you'll add.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite color combinations! I'm sure this piece will end up perfectly wonderful as all your work is.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!