My Favorite Books

Monday, June 8, 2015

Decisions, decisions

Working away this weekend on my Patchwork #2 piece...yea, Florida sports team colors, but honestly I didn't even think of that when I started stamping/dyeing these fabrics this past winter...anyway, here is my finished patchwork piece.  Next up I will stitch in the ditch to stabilize then the hand stitching will begin!  That's the real fun for me!  The piece measures 20"x18" and the edges aren't even....hence the piece looks a little out of whack!  I'll square it up when I put on binding or facing..duh!
So here are some of the other layout choices I had.  Rejects you could say!  I would place the fabric pieces on a  foam board and take pics...stand on my head or tilt my head sideways just to get a different perspective!  I'm happy with what I finished with (above) but these were kinda fun too!  Now to get out threads...this piece will have lots of circles and hand stitching...at least I think so!




this was a decent layout.  I didn't want to use the black binding strips throughout the whole piece...just in certain places...don't ask why...I have no idea!




This was close to what I finished with but I did add another piece of orange on the right...



Not enough small patchwork pieces....but not bad...

Fiber meeting tomorrow and lunch out..Tuesday with grand kids, therapy dog outings at two homes with Kalee on Wednesday...I think I can stay home on Thursday and Friday!  I hope..I hope!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this color combo and the black makes it pop. I'm going to go back and see your first one to check out the handwork you did on that one. You're right. The handwork is the most fun.
    xx, CArol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout you selected to go with is truly a keeper.....anxious to see how it is transformed with your beautiful handwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the texture of your surface design, and the stitching will add even more. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo...those oranges and blues are lucious! The black makes the colors pop. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!