My Favorite Books

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Horizontal or Vertical

I painted a cactus piece yesterday but now I'm not sure if I should have the piece vertical or horizontal?  Thoughts????  Size would be 16.5" x 11.5" or 11.5" x 16.5"....make sense!





The cactus will be fused down then I will  hand stitch the little bumps in the cactus.  After,  I can bead his legs, attach the bird body and fill in his eye!  



I appreciate any suggestions on placement!!  Thanks much!  Now to clean up my work space!!!



7 comments:

  1. In my humnble opinion, the dyed background seems to fit the scene best in the horizontal position.....it's really a wonderful piece Robbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the horizontal orientation too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out SO nice. I like the horizontal orientation the best. The background seems too expansive in the vertical orientation. (IMHO)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the horizontal better too. Your sky fabric really fits this well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the piece seems to call horizontal. This piece is so perfect.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm.. yes, I think horizontal might be preferable, though either could work. It's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see the comments being unanimous for horizontal cactus. Your beaded bird is so realistic and beautiful. Creative Cactus Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!