My Favorite Books

Saturday, February 21, 2015

So hard to stop.....

So, as I was sitting and beading my bird....I happened to see my beaded leaf....and I remembered to bring  with me a piece of rust fabric I made about five years ago!  And guess what!  This background will be perfect for the leaf!



I'm not going to leave the areas white but will be over dyeing with greens/blue.










 Joan and I were shopping this past summer and she noticed a blouse that had the perfect colors for a background!

I took this picture and I think if I can perhaps tray dye I might get some of the same colors or at least close to the same colors.  I know the rust will show through and hope the leaf will work well with this background....although, the lone leaf may look lonely!  Will I have to make more than one!!  Yikes!  Let's hope not.....

3 comments:

  1. How very serendipitous to have your rust dyed fabric that is perfect for your beaded leaf. The blues and greens will be beautiful with this earth theme. Stuning work dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The denseness of the beading is really appealing. The blue dye will be an interesting addition to the rusted fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that leaf is beautiful! I am going to HAVE to give this bead embroidery stuff a try. Do you have a book or video you would recommend? The background on that blouse is spectacular. I can't wait to see if you can get that type of effect with tray dyeing. I have a book on tray dyeing, but I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!