My Favorite Books

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hex Horse Finished!

I finished the binding on my hex horse piece today.  It measures 16" x 20" and that small 'wave' look on the bottom isn't really there...there was some fabric under the piece when I took the photo.  It's pretty straight and right on the measurement!





Yes, I did add 2 small beads for the eye...but that was it.  I decided adding beads for the mane and tail would be overkill.  This isn't suppose to be pictoral art quilt of a horse.    It's suppose to be based on the work of Ugo.






The piece still needs a label and sleeve, but I have a few other quilts for our exhibit that  need labels and sleeves, so, that will be a  project in the upcoming weeks.  Sleeves and labels make for good production work!  I usually print out my label then fuse on.

Now to work on the next projects!

3 comments:

  1. It turned out fabulous, Robbie! I loved clicking on the photos and seeing all the hand stitching up closer. A lovely piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hexie Horse is stunning and I do see less is more. Your stitching is the perfect detail on this finished art. Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond excellent......this is a masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!