My Favorite Books

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Cuttin' Time

Yep...it's cuttin' time here!  At our 'girls weekend' I made a snap bag and hum bug bag...for some reason, I struggled putting in that dumb zipper...you only use one side of a zipper and insert the pull, yada, yada...anyway, I wanted to make a gift for Tommy to thank her for her hospitality so on Monday I took this quilt.....

And cut it up!  It was a piece of black fabric that my daughter had bleach resisted...hence, the orange.  She stamped images (rectangles) with Jacquard paints.  I thought the piece was pretty interesting so I used it as a 'hand job' (as Tommy likes to say!) and hand stitched the black and orange areas and continued with embroidery stitches in the rectangles.

This is a closeup of the stitching.  I did take it with me this past weekend but never had a chance to cut it up.
This is the hum bug bag I made on Monday and mailed to Tommy!   and I didn't have any problem putting in the zipper!  WooHoo!


I made the tassel with some fibers and threads and attached.  Tommy has received it and also posted on it so I can post it now.   I also made another one on Wed.  but that person hasn't received it yet so that 'cuttin' piece won't show up until next week sometime.

3 comments:

  1. The fabric really IS interesting. The bag turned out so cute. Great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the notion of recycling a past project into Asian a great gift. Lucky Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is fabulous and I can't wait to see what you do with the fabric. I really want to try making one of those hum bug bags someday. So many projects, so little time.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!