My Favorite Books

Friday, May 10, 2013

I couldn't resist....

OK, so purging and cleaning is almost finished...so I allowed myself to play some today..besides it was a gloomy/rainy day...like I need an excuse to play!
I started to work on my Out of Asia quilt for the Art Quilts Around the World blog project.  I'm not sure I'll get it finished and I'm not going to fret if I don't.  I still have Zachary to work on and I want to finish putting the binding or facing on my patchwork piece so I can hang it in our master bath.

So here's a sneak peak at Out of Asia....I can't show much until our reveal, so this is all you get until reveal time!













Of course, after watching DMTV this week, I just had to play with Laura Kemshall's mono printing....I had some leftover dyes from our last dye camp I attended...I think in 2009! and figured I'd try to use them...well, they were still good!   This is just a cheap piece of muslin that I soaked in soda ash, then I just laid the piece of fabric in a large tray and poured the dye on top.    Figured I could use it for a backing on one of my quilts.
Yea...it's 'pretty' ugly (don't you love something that is "pretty" ugly!)...ok, ok....next I followed Laura's mono printing technique on fabric and turned my ugly fabric into something I'm really looking forward to using!!!
Here are two pictures...I couldn't get the entire piece in the lens!  I have some other pieces left to do but they'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.













I think the pieces turned out really cool....it's hard to see but I used a foam roller to lay the paint onto my plate so there's some texture behind the lines.  Not sure if you click on the picture you can see more detail or not. If not, trust me...it looks good!


Tomorrow we get Direct TV hooked up...we're getting a bundle package and saving over $60 a month!!!  Cable is getting outrageous and we don't even get movie channels, so Bob decided to call DirectTV...couldn't pass up their promotion to bundle everything and the price is guaranteed for three years.  Worth the switch!    

3 comments:

  1. You don't have to convince me....yes, it's cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've jumped back in in a beautiful way. And no matter how "pretty ugly" a fabric may look to you, I know you can make it "pretty pretty" in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly don't waste time !! Love the monoprint piece....has an organic feel, like leaves.
    Weather of course has heated up down here so it's time for us to head north as well. See you on the blogs !!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!