My Favorite Books

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Some art work finally!

Well, in between the role of a new 'mom' and 'old' mom, I am starting to get some artwork done. Boy, I sure forgot how much time you spend with a baby! I mean puppy!!
Kalee is coming into my sewing area with me or else I'm doing beading or sewing while she sleeps. I still have to clean, do laundry, cook dinner too so it's hard to space out my time for art work. But I'm learning or remembering how I did 'child' rearing 40+ years ago!
I'm making progress on my beaded butterfly and it does feel good to be back beading. This is a butterfly from Hawaii I think! It's been so long since I drew up the design I'm not even sure if that's where this butterfly makes his home!
I also came up with a few different designs for my daughters table topper.
This is the 2nd or 3rd design. The final piece will be a mix of all I think! I really won't know until I start cutting out the leaves from the organza.
I do have the background sandwiched and I painted on some stems. Next will be the leaves then stitching.
I made this quilt in 2003 for a Christmas gift for Bob. It was our Mandy girl and now it hangs on the wall in our computer room above my desktop. Bob never thought it looked exactly like her but I've always liked the quilt. She's my girl and always will be.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the table topper, you mentioned organza- will you be quilting the leaves onto the piece? I've been seeing beaded table runners all over the place but oh man, that would take forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay, yes the organza leaves will be FMQ'd and no beading. If you look at my working in black and white post (http://robbiespawprints.blogspot.com/2011/08/working-in-black-and-white.html) you'll see the process I'm using on this one! Except the leaves are colored organza instead of white. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!