My Favorite Books

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like....

Spring? Not! It's only 17 degrees but if you look out our windows there's no snow! How deceiving! It looks like spring! But it's Michigan and more snow due tonight. The wind was just terrible yesterday making it feel more like below zero weather.

No art work yesterday, just a lot of running around doing errands. So here's a partial picture of a panel I did along with five of my fiber friends last spring. We each made a panel of an underwater theme and this is my panel. I'll post the entire quilt tomorrow for all to see. We were lucky enough to be juried into the IQA Festival this past fall in Houston! What a sight to see our quilt hung with quilts from all over the world! Exciting. My panel was made up of painted applique pieces and the turtles were printed using InkAid precoat, then free motion quilted. I love InkAid precoats to use for printing on fabric. Retains the colors of your print so well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!