My Favorite Books

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Date Night & one piece of art

Here's a sneak peak at a piece I've finished quilting. It was a shibori piece I dyed/overdyed a few years ago. It's now finished with all thread work. No piecing just a binding. I'll be posting some of my finished works later on my blog for my fiber art buddies. You can click on most of my photos for more detail.

No pics today of date night! I forgot my camera! Darn! Date night with grand kids was great fun! Arrived around 4:00 p.m. and we started to decorate a gingerbread house. While the sides were drying, Amber made grandma her famous chili while I heat up ravioli for Amber and Nick. After dishes, we tried to finish up the gingerbread house but it kept caving in! So we decided to just decorate the roof and try again the the morning. Then we made Ina's Stickie Buns for Sunday breakfast. Next was playing with some molding clay. Amber and Nick did this while I just watched! At 7:00 p.m. I was ready for a cup of 'joe' and to sit! But, we were all in our PJ's by this point, so Amber said we had to play Monopoly then Nick wanted to play CandyLand. Which is what we did! Whew!
Darrin had to go into work at 5:30 this a.m. Poor kid! I know he was tired last night and I'm sure this a.m. as well. Kris made us a nice breakfast of scrambled egg beaters, turkey bacon and of course we had our stickie buns. They were pretty good. All in all it was a great night with the kids and I had a nice visit with Kris. She's getting ready for a Christmas Party at their house today with friends. She's a great hostess and I know they'll all have a good time. Didn't get to see Dawn this weekend as she's busy with taking pics @ the Salvation Army Camp's Christmas Party. She leaves this afternoon for Baltimore for work. Busy as usual.
It's in the high 30's right now so snow is melting. Supposed to get in the mid to high 40's tomorrow. So I'm off to do some cleaning and work on some more Valentines cards. I'm playing with painted, fused tissue paper and painted fusible webbing. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!