My Favorite Books

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Book Review Time!

Every once in awhile I read a book that I just can't put down!  Well, at least I can't put it down at night reading in bed!  I won't sit during the day and read...too many things to do at that time...but....I actually sat outside Monday night and Tuesday night to finish this book!!  The Weight of Silence is a great read!!  My friend, Mary, recommended it as was the latest read in the book club Mary belongs to.  Mary listened to it and from what she said each character was read by different readers, which would make it even more interesting.  I elected to  read the book as it wasn't available in digital format.

 I also like Brain Freeman's books and his latest is quite good.  I can't remember his last book but it was just so/so..this one kept my interest as a 'who done it' kind of read.


And James Grippando is another of my favorite writers.  I've read everyone of his books now.  I'm a big mystery fan as well as biographies.   I'm listening to Guilty Wives by James Patterson which is a good one to listen to.  I read some of the reviews on this book which weren't that great...but reviews are all subjective, right...just like shows/judges. 
So those of some of my fav books...don't you just love our libraries!!!!  I always support our local library and belong to Friends of the Library.  So go get a good book to read...encourage your kids and grand kids too.  It's a "good thing"!  Hmmm catchy phrase...wonder if it will catch on?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks... always looking for interesting reads. Just ordered a J. Grippano one for our vacation in Maine. By the way, got another Nikon Coolpix camera. Will warm it up soon! Your photo book sounds as if it turned out beautifully. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking in to Books You Loved. I'll sort the title out for you. Thank you too for following Carole's Chatter. I'm going to add your blog to my blog list as well.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!