My Favorite Books

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Now it does look like Christmas!

This is a picture of my friend Carol & I at the IQA Festival in Houston this fall. It was so cool to see our panel hung at this prestigious show! We didn't win any ribbon but just to be juried in was a thrill. This panel was made by the six of us: Mary Andrews (orange), Lois Ann Fulton (yellow), Judy Dunnett (purple), Karen Olson (green) and Carol Tamasiunas (red), mine is the blue panel. Our theme was underwater fantasy and we each did a blind draw on a color from the color wheel. This was quite a challenge to work in one colorway but we did it and we're very proud of our effort.
We did get over 4 inches of snow so it's back to looking like Christmas here in Michigan! It's only 21 degrees but I don't expect it to get too much warmer. It's my babysitting Wed. with the kids...my last Wed. for 2008. Next Wed. is Christmas Eve and we'll have a wonderful time with presents from Santa. Now I'm getting excited for Christmas or is it Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!