My Favorite Books

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

If at first, you don't succeed....


It's not over until it's over, right!  In 'speaking' with my instructor (ha) and comments on my last blog post, I thought I'd give some insight and answer some questions on the hex stained glass piece.  

Susan and I both made one observation...my black sateen was fraying like crazy.  Susan suggested I use a batik.  Who knew!  Well, I should have known because both my finished stained glass pieces (Tiffany & Georgia see pics)  I used batik black fabric!  





A comment by Kathy wondered if the piece could be saved by replacing with a batik.  Nope, the black sateen is now covering the entire piece. 

I'm actually having quite a bit of fraying issue with my hex stained glass pieces too!  DUH    I used batik's for my Georgia piece for the stained glass fabrics!  And I used Patricia Campbell's Fossil Fern fabric in the Peacock piece.  Could be because my hex pieces have been handled so much??  Or?? I didn't cut them out correctly or  I didn't mark them correctly in my pattern or mark the 'leading' line correctly.  Note to self to watch this step more carefully. 


Patty A. actually suggested what Susan suggested....use this as a practice piece!  

So, that's what I'm going to do but for now it's hanging in my sewing room so I see it every day!  HA

I called our local quilt shop to see if they had any black batik but they only have some with gray/white throughout.  I just ordered some from Hancock's.  I haven't ordered from them in ages...but thank goodness they have in stock and on sale.  









So until I get another pattern/pieces made/cut out (back to hex making!), I'll keep working on my beaded piece.  Idle hands...you know!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!