My Favorite Books

Monday, August 24, 2026

Well, that was quick!

 We're off didn't last long from my last post!  Talk about frustration....whew!!!  It could be old age, not seeing well, or just "Robbie, pay attention to what you're doing!".  HA  


Looks like a good start, if you're looking from a 747 as they say!  Yikes



I've had more fraying with the black sateen I'm using..AND
I kept cutting away too much of the 'leading' for the stained glass effect!  DUH!  Do you know how many times I did that!


For some reason, my hex fabric pattern is short!  In so many places!!!!  Another good example that I may not have sewn the correct line for turning??  

Yes, the concept and colors are good but the workmanship stinks!  


And honestly, I won't be finishing this piece....boo hoo...I don't like have projects I haven't finished...but this one can't be salvaged...

Although, maybe I can reveal some of the other areas so I can use when I make my little totes...I can add borders and quilt...who knows...

Until then, it hangs in my sewing room to look at everyday and decide how I'm going to create a new stained glass piece using hex's...yep, I'm like a dog with a bone...can't let this get the best of me!


2 comments:

  1. It's a great project idea...I was looking forward to seeing how you did it. Is it just the sateen that is messing it up? Can it be saved by using a different black fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If nothing else use this piece for more practice. Since the technique is unique to your friend, I can't quite wrap my head around what the problem is, but I am sure if you run it by her she could give you some pointers.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!