My Favorite Books

Thursday, August 13, 2026

Another Hex Idea!


Several, several months ago, I had one of my drawings from Hilary's online class blown up. Back in December!!, I posted about this drawing (click here).  At that time, I thought it would make a great 'hex' project BUT I got sidetracked and started to work on the hexagon piece instead! 

I had this drawing enlarged to 24"x34" and  it  hangs behind the door in my sewing room....as I was cleaning up my hex pieces leftover, I got thinking about my original idea to use hex pieces in this design. There goes that little brain of my working overtime!  





So, I took some hex pieces already sewn together and laid them under a tracing (cut out) of two leaves from the drawing.  

Oh BOY!  did the old brain start working again!












Back in 2022, I made two horse hex quilts, which you can see post here if interested!  And I ended up making 3 of them!  HA I'm thinking I can use similar process to have the leaves or whatever in my design.?.  



OK, it sounds easy as my brain is speaking to me out loud....it's a good way to put myself to sleep at night.  I start thinking about how to go about this 'task' and before I know it, I'm asleep!  I sure hope one of these nights, I'll not go to sleep and say out loud "by golly, I think I've got it"!  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!