![]() |
| Spring by Susan Ziel |
First off, thanks to my Q Bud, Susan, who I have blogged about for years! She's a wonderful quilter and has won many ribbons in national AQS and other shows! You can read a blog post I did on one of her wins! Susan's work is amazing and workmanship alone is unmatched. She designs her own quilts and never uses a pattern! If I remember correctly, she said she's never taken a quilting class. She is my hero in the quilting world!
Look at the detail in her quilt...ALL hand reverse applique and hand quilted!!!!! Also, the reverse applique method she uses is something that Susan came up with. It's not your usual reverse applique method!!!!
I forgot that I have made two quilts using Susan's method!! She was so generous to write out her method for me back in 2011. My work isn't up to the detail Susan has accomplised but I'm trying! Here is one of the first I made using Susan's reverse applique method in 2011. It's called Georgia on My Mind.
I actually made two of these. I wasn't happy with t he workmanship on the first one so I redid the entire piece. I still have the first one and use it as an example of how to do better at hand work!
| Tiffany 2013 - my 2nd reverse stained glass piece |
I forgot I had a white background for this piece! DUH! Something I didn't think about for my latest piece I'm working on.
I started to dig through hex pieces....and got out Susan's Reverse Applique method that she gave me years ago!
So I started working on my new hex piece.
Actually, I'm using this as a test piece. This is pattern is only 16"x20"...if successful, the next one would be 24"x34"...and I may change/add background color fabric (similar to my Tiffany piece above). The Georgia piece is solid black.
I've already been 'bugging' Susan with some questions/suggestions and I'm sure I'll be bugging her more when/if I start on the large piece! HA Thanks again, Susan!!!
So, as they say, "that's my story and I'm sticking to it!"...we'll see!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!