I ordered some black batik fabric from Hancock's of Paducah along with some batting and another piece of batik (yellowish). I'm debating on what pattern to actually use for Susan's Stained Glass applique method. Changed my mind on both pattern as well as, do I use hex pieces? Or just fabric for the pattern.
Until I make those decisions, I'm still working on my beaded piece! No idle hands in this house! This was the start of my beading.
I took this the other day using my batik as a background. Yes, I like the black too but I don't want to hang a black piece on the wall. Just me...
I cut out the finished beading section and painted around the edges where the batting showed through - I'll bead other areas after I sew onto a quilted background.
I found this mottled green hand dyed piece so quilted it quickly! And I mean quickly! HA Then I sewed around the entire piece to attach to the quilted background.
I used my Frixion pen to draw lines on the outside of the beaded piece for adding more designs to use as patterns. I have a long way to go but at least I'm now about 75% finished...well, maybe!
I'm happy with the piece, so far. Besides, it's for me and I'm easily pleased! HA Plus, we're having great - or at least - beautiful weather, so I can sit out on the deck and bead!
![]() |
YOCTOSUN Magnifying Glasswith Light, 1.0X–4.0X Headband Magnifier |
Having issues with seeing to bead. I talked with a friend at the library and she mentioned a friend who purchased this magnifying headgear for doing cross stitch! I searched on the web and purchased through Amazon!
I love, love this magnifier. There are 4 or 5 different size lenses and 3 different light levels.
They only 'issue' is the nosepiece gets a little heavy but I'm going to put some foam or soft nose pads on to help. If I adjust them differently, it's not that bad.
They are wonderful to see and sew those #11 & #15 seed beads!!! And under $20!!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!