My Favorite Books

Thursday, October 1, 2026

TaDa! Finished!



Yep, it's finished...well, almost..have to get it put in a frame but until then, I consider I'm finished!   For some reason the background fabric isn't as pretty/green/blue as it is in person.  I tried playing with white balance/etc. but this is best I can get.  The gold/rust color is throughout the hand dyed piece.  It looks good in person but you get the idea of the beading finished!  



Onward to another quilting project. Back in 2014, I created my 2nd reverse stained glass applique (technique by my bud, Susan!).  

You can see some of the process when I completed in 2015 here. 



I found the peacock in a Stained Glass coloring book.  For my newest reverse stained glass project I decided to do a 'companion'  peacock from that same book.




I had the pattern enlarged to 16" x 18".   Now the hard part begins.  Picking out fabrics...hardest part!! 

In the peacock above, I used Patricia Campbell's Fossil Fern fabrics!!  the colors were perfect but I don't even think they sell Fossil Fern any more!  Maybe I'll do a quick search.  At least I could match above.  Not that I'll have them side by side in my house but....you never know!  HA




Until then...onward and upward!  We hope!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!