My Favorite Books

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Whitecaps Knitted Pattern

 

Well, Easter is right around the corner, right!  So I'm hoping I can finish this top by then.  I can always brighten up the white by wearing a bright color camisole under it.  I wear a lot of black so black will look good too!  Now to finish it!

This is a pattern by Yumiko Alexander (Ravelry) called Whitecaps.  It's a fairly easy pattern but finding the time to make the top is a real challenge for me.  Hard to knit at night if dogs are on my lap...so I have to hide in the sewing room and have dogs on the table in front of me!  HA

The red is adorable but I just don't look good in red.  You can see all the different tops others have knitted in beautiful colors.  I'll stick with 'vanilla' for now...who knows....I might make another one!  HA



You knit with 2 strand of yarn for rows then switch to two stands....
Looks weird here in a little circle...I'm using a circular needle even though we are not knitting in the round.  Just easier for me to put my knitting down!


Yes, I did slip up and had to rip out two rows!  Duh...not sure what I did and it was even on an easy 'knit only' row!  Go figure!



This is knit from bottom up, which is different from what I usually knit.  Most of my lace tops, and my last sweater, are knit from the top down. 
But I really like Yumiko's (DanDoh) patterns.  They seem so well written!  I've bought two so far.



So this is where I stand today, 2/1/2024!  Long way to go and I need two of these!  Sleeves will be added and then a side seam.  I am making the longer sleeves which have a cute curve at the end of them.  Several who have made this pattern say, it's the best knitted piece and they wear it often.  Hope that's the same for me!!!


4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty pattern. And the fit is quite nice, too. A bit like a swing top. I like that you can change the look with the camisole, too. Good luck aiming for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted..... Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lacy and delicate. And what a cute shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. I'm not "anonymous," I'm Sherrie Loves Color!

      Delete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!