My Favorite Books

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Cyano Print Fabric


 I mentioned in a post this last month showing a beautiful cyano print fabric one of my friends, Bonnie, made and sent to me!  What a lovely surprise!  BUT now what to do with it!  Decisions, decisions...this is always the hardest part of any art work isn't it!

So, I bit the bullet and started to play around with "what if I cut it up?"....gosh, I hate to cut it up but......








I ended up drawing funky leaves on tracing paper and laying on top of the fabric just to give me an idea on placement, etc.





Besides the blue from the cyano print and the blue mottled fabric, I just felt it needed something else so I laid red fabric under the pieces.


I took away the red fabric and cut 1/4 inch strips and just laid across the fabric and that was all this beautiful print needed!

















With any quilting pattern or design work, cutting a piece of fabric up is a scary challenge!  HA  At least it is for me.  So I took some scrap fabric the same size of the print.  

I measured each section then added 3/4" for the 1/4" inserts I wanted.  I know...math!!!!

But it worked!










This is around a fat quarter in size...perfect for one of those table top pieces.  Or I may just add some type of border on one side?  Or 3 sides? Or no sides!

My plan is to sandwich and then stitch in the ditch around each insert.  Then to do some hand embroidery work.  I may do free motion around some areas as well..in fact, as I'm typing this, I am thinking I may do that before embroidery work...but who knows!  Time will tell!


1 comment:

  1. This is looking good, but I sure understand how hesitant you were to take cutting tools to it!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!