My Favorite Books

Monday, January 29, 2024

Dye Dog #5!




 Yes, I'm finished with a 'dye dog #5!'...HA  Actually, I'm cheating since I could call this project dye dog 4.5!  

 I've posted  often on my dye dogs and on  #4 that I was hand embroidering and free motion quilting.  















Some of the hand embroidery work
















And some free motion circles







Hard to decide how and what to machine quilt!  HA



All finished with embroidery work and quilting!  So now what do I do with it!  hmmmmmmmmm

I thought this was a great piece to make some upcycled purses, you can see one of my posts here on making them.  I have made over two dozen so far!  I use mine to hold my pens and highlighter next to my recliner chair in the LR.  Otherwise, Kalee does like to grab my pencil or pen...I know...bad dog mom! 







So first up is to cut up the quilt!  I was able to get two purses to make with a little fabric left over!  Now who to give them to!

Well, first I had to send a tote to Kay Sorensen from Quilts + Color.  Kay is a wonderful quilter and artist.  Most of you already know her and her work.  Kay gave several of us some of her 'dye dog' fabrics in the past to make something with.  It was always a challenge but one I did enjoy working on.  If you do a search on my blog for dye dog, you'll see several posts on work we have made in the past.  
I met Kay in person in 2012 and i did a blog post here on our meeting!  It was meant to be!  So she was first on the list to receive one!







And next up was our friend, Bonnie!  I met Bonnie in 2017 at Kay's!  And you will also remember Bonnie's name as the lady who just sent me the beautiful piece of Cyano printed fabric a few weeks ago!  

So i hope both Bonnie and Kay enjoy their small token of my appreciation of their friendship and generosity! 










This is the front or one side of the finished totes

And the back or other side!  HA  I tried to give each some circles of embroidery and free motion work...one has a lime green zipper and one has a pink zipper.  Have to keep these bright!  HA

I am making progress on my knitted lace top.  Post coming this week!  It's fun to make...so far!  HA

Kay and Bonnie, I hope you both enjoy your totes!


















5 comments:

  1. Love these!! As always, awesome, creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robbie, it is beautiful! Betty Ann Wyman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dye dogs and the bag - from Bonnie B

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!