My Favorite Books

Sunday, January 21, 2024

A little of everything!

In no particular order, but I like to have pics and narrating in my blog.  I just printed out 2023 and should have my blog book in a few days...it's been shipped!  Woohoo...I love looking through my blog book...but I digress...Here is a pic of my knitted sweater I finished!  Actually, wore it when Bob and I had errands to run on Friday!  I was freezing and didn't want to wear a sweat shirt out, so looked on my shelf and look what I found!  I had washed and blocked it over a week ago but put it away!  Hard to take a selfie!  HA HA



Yes, it's me!  VERY, VERY cold here in Michigan...although, it's up to 7 degrees/real feel is 4.  Minus 2 this a.m.  This was taken early last week when we had a 35+ degree day and girls wanted to walk!


So, yes, we girls bundled up and off for a half mile walk!














Woohoo!  Michigan win!  Talk about being a nervous wreck!




Gigi was their cheerleader!!!














Kayla (L) our grand daughter and Talissa our new 'grand daugher'..she and Ian got married this past fall.



This is Ron and his grand daughter (our great grand)...they are really close, which is wonderful!  This is a great picture!!!





This is Ron's wife, Mary Jo and their daughter Kayla !




Not knitting but this is crochet project my sister is making! She is taller than I am and this is something she would wear.  She knitted a coat years and years ago that she won an award at the local fair for knitting.  She doesn't have any pictures of it, which is a shame.  I remember seeing it and it was beautiful  This will look great on my sis too!
This is my next knitting project.  I'm making in vanilla as red doesn't look good on me!  HA  it's really very pretty in black too but I have so much black and with a black camisole under the white knitting will look good or I can wear white under too.  I love this designer's patterns!!  If you are or aren't on Ravelry, check her out.  Her page is called DanDoh...I bought two of her patterns...have to be ready for the next one, right!
Check out this beautiful cyano print on fabric that my friend, Bonnie Banks sent me.  Bonnie and I met one winter when she came to Florida for a visit with Beth Sherman (I've had posts on Beth before on my blog.  She's a beautiful quilter, artist, you name it!  Beth can do it!).  
Bonnie is also a talented quilter and artist.  She's on FB so look her up sometime.  She only lives about an hour or so from me...guess we need to meet half way sometime!!!  Bonnie is a sweetheart and I love she sent this to me.

Not sure how I will use this piece or if I'll cut it up!  I know that sounds bad but you'd be surprise how beautiful cyano prints can look even cut up.  I've not decided how to use it yet......





AND for the most exciting news!!!!!

24-23 NFC wild-card win over the visiting Los Angeles Rams this past Sunday (Jan. 20th) at Ford Field.  First time in 32 yrs!  How cool is this!!!  Woohoo!  

















2 comments:

  1. Always fun to read your blog and see all your creative projects. I too like Dan Doh patterns. We are currently in AZ and there is a yarn shop out here in the middle of nowhere that carries her yarn and she personally comes for trunk shows as she lives in Phoenix area. I've made one and working on a 2nd. I look forward to seeing your progress. Her directions are very clear. Sue. younger everyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sweater is beautiful on you! That cyano print is gorgeous! I would be hesitant to cut it up, but I am not sure what I would make with it.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!