My Favorite Books

Monday, January 15, 2024

Christmas 2023 visit

 

We had a wonderful few days with Bob's son, Ron & Mary Jo!!!  They live in Indiana so we don't get to see them often but they took time to visit and we are so happy they did!
We started off Thursday night with dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Escamilla Amigos Cantina !  Food was great as were the margaritas!!!  Home to watch a "little" football and enjoy cookies!
Friday, Mary Jo and I went to the Bodies in Motion exhibit at the Sloan Museum.  It was so interesting!  Of course we had a stop for Starbucks then back to goodrich for a stop at Cottage Used Books and to have a delicious take out sandwich at home and do a little book shopping. 
Bob and Ron went to the RC race store (Limitless in Davison) to watch and to run Bob's RC cars.  They had a great time...back home for dinner and then the guys went back to Limitless RC for night races at 7 p.m.!  That worked out great so Mary Jo and I could watch FISK, a comedy, on Netflix!  It's a great series I finished but MJ hadn't seen it before.  We laughed and were disappointed when the guys got home around 9:30!  Of course, football (college) was on so we started to watch that with the guys! 

All in all it was a fun weekend.  And MJ gave me a recipe for Lasagna Soup that was fantastic!!!  Here's the link...we had enough for two containers for the freezer and I gave two neighbors each some!!!  What a great weekend.  Kids made it safe to Holland area to spend time with MJ's dad and sisters and their family.  So glad and thankful the kids spent time with us.







This is a wooden block Ron made carving out pictures using a CNC mill that he built!!!  I love it and the girls really look like each other!!!!  What a precious gift!!!!






He also made these using the same technique for other gifts for family members.  So talented and he couldn't have given us a more special gift!!!






p.s.  Sorry for the late post!  I forgot to post it weeks ago!  Go figure!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Wow- you packed a lot into your time together. How wonderful! Umm.. the exhibit is borderline with me. Not sure how much I could look at. I'd have never made a health-care professional! And Lasagna Soup- oh my goodness that sounds delish. Thanks for the link. A used book store- always fun (competition for your library sale, but no such thing as too many books). Glad you had such an enjoyable visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wooden blocks are beautiful! Sounds like you had a wonderful visit! I will have to check out the soup recipe. Urgent care would not do a thing for my sciatic pain. Since you're not bleeding or clutching your chest having a heart attack, they think you are there just to get drugs. I know because that is what happened the first time I had horrible sciatic pain. They were a bit more sympathetic when they asked what kind of pain killers I was looking for and I said Tylenol with codeine rather than Vicodin, oxycodone, Darvocet or any other heavy duty narcotic which is what they were expecting. It cost me a lot of money for nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!